Sunday, June 8, 2008

I got to go to Utah and see my family recently. I left Matt home alone to study for finals...poor Matt. My brother graduated high school and my sister Angie and brother-in-law Brad blessed their second baby boy Rowan. My sister Cyrie, brother-in-law Owen, brother Jordi and I went to the San Rafael Swell desert near our home in Price, Utah and did Crack Canyon and Little Wild Horse Canyon. That desert has some amazing slots and breathtaking desert scenery. I have tried to capture some of that in these photos. Hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed taking them...actually, that is not possible. We were planning to kayak Chute of Muddy Creek but unfortunantly it wasn't flowing like we needed to be able to do it. It was good for my soul to be home, in the fresh, open, quiet desert air doing what I love with those that I love. I must say that the best part of the trip was my awesome nephews!









3 comments:

Katie said...

That looks like so much fun. The slot canyons bring back a lot of fun memories of Utah and family...I'm glad you had a good time, it's so refreshing to spend time with friends and family you haven't seen for a while...but we're glad you're back!!

Suspension Bridges said...

I am so excited to see that you finally posted again. I am also glad you had so much fun with family. They can be big pests but I have to say are also my greatest blessing. Is there anyone left in the old ward in Price? It seems like everyone I knew but your parents has moved.

Ryan said...

Quite the photographer. I can't wait to get back to good old Utah.