Thursday, March 25, 2010

Requested Recipe

Black Bean Soup courtesy of Diane Henderiks from momlogic.com 6-8 servings

Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup carrot, chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
4 cups chicken broth
3 cups cooked black beans (I used two cans of Goya black beans un-drained
2 tsp dried cilantro (I used marjoram instead)
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
TT black pepper (I also added lemon pepper)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I used dried parsley)

Directions:
Saute garlic, onion and carrot in oil on med. heat for about 5 min.
Add next 6 ingredients (cumin through pepper) and cook over low heat for 25 min.
Then she suggests serving it up with a dollop of sour cream and the fresh cilantro on top.
Before I did that I used the immersion blender and then served it up with loads of tortilla chips!

1 comment:

Wendy and Spencer said...

Yeay! Thanks Julee, I'm excited to try it!